I do not prepare soups very often, since I live in a tropical climate. However, when I do prepare a soup, it’s the cream of chicken soup that has been on my menu once in every two weeks. I always have chicken breasts in my shopping cart for easy quick meals and this recipe has been very simple, very delicious with a creamy texture which is satisfying. It’s light and flavorful. As I keep discovering more soup recipes stay tuned.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Chicken breasts – 200 g, cut thinly and small
Unsalted Butter – 2 tbsp
Garlic cloves – 2, minced
Onions – 1 small, chopped
All purpose flour / Maida – 3 tbsp
Water – 2 1/2 cups
Pepper powder – 1/2 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a saucepan, add butter. To the melted butter add garlic and onions.Stir for 1-2 minutes on medium till the onions become translucent.
2. Add flour. Stir together for a minute, add chicken pieces and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix well for a minute.
3. Pour 2 cups water, pepper, combine well. Reduce heat to low, let it cook for 10-15 minutes with constant stirring to thicken as desired (the volume will be slightly reduced).
4. Add milk and 1/2 cup water. Mix to boil for 5 minutes. If necessary add more salt.
5. Garnish with 1 tsp of butter and serve hot with bread.