It’s been a while since my last post. I have been out of town and hence didn’t find time to post.
So, hold your horses, because soon I will be posting about my getaway experience.
Now since I’m back, after settling in, I tried this delicious easy snack, flapjacks recipe like an oat bar which makes it simply the best and perfect recipe to try out for family and kids with a fantastic combination of buttery sweetness that gives it a heavenly taste. It is crispy and chewy, good for all-time lunchtime or tea time snack. You can add any fruits, nuts and still get a great taste.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Dried pineapple – 90 g
Pistachio nuts – 40 g
Rolled oats – 120 g
Unsalted butter – 160 g, plus extra for greasing
Brown Sugar – 160 g
Honey – 2 tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius / 325 deg F.
2. Put the butter, brown sugar and honey in a small saucepan. Heat on medium until melted for 3-4 minutes.
3. Into a mixing bowl, tip the oats, dried pineapple and pistachio. Pour over the melted melted butter mixture and stir to combine.
4. Tip the above mixture into a 12”x 8”- rectangular greased and lined with parchment paper baking tray. Press down to flatted the surface. Bake for 30 minutes, at 160 degree Celsius or until golden brown.
5. Remove baking tray from the oven and cool in tray until crisp. Slice the flapjacks into desired pieces and serve.
*Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.