Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
Aluminium container pan
Granulated Sugar – 2 tsp (for the caramel)
Eggs – 3
Sugar powdered – ½ cup
Butter – 2 tsp
Milk – 1 cup
Fresh Orange juice – ½ cup
Orange zest – 1 tsp
All purpose flour / Maida – 4 tsp
For the caramel
+ Spread 2 tsp of granulated sugar in the cooking pudding pan and switch on the flame to high.
+ As the sugar begins to melt in a minute or two, lower the flame to low & it will start to browning towards dark brown. Switch off the flame at this point.
+ It will take a while for the caramel to liquify. Swirl the pan so that the caramel is spread out nicely.
+ Keep it aside
1. Blend powdered sugar (I used fine sugar), egg yolks and butter together until creamy using a electric hand mixer.
2. Add orange zest, flour, milk and orange juice. Combine well until fully incorporated.
3. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy & add it into the above egg yolk mixture.
4. Pour the prepared pudding mix into the prepared caramel pan. Cover the top with a Al-foil or a same sized lid.
5. Using a pressure cooker, add in 1 cup of water. Then place a stand inside & the pan over the stand.Cover the steamer lid without the whistle.
6. For induction cooking keep it on 7, for others keep on medium heat. After 30 minutes, open the lid, make a small hole on the foil & insert a skewer.
If it comes out clean. it’s done. If it hasn’t come out clean, let it cook for another 15 minutes on 7. Switch off the heat and let it rest without touching it for half an hour.
7. Remove the pan from the steamer, let it cool down. Once its cooled, refrigerate for 4 hrs or until you are ready to serve chilled.
+ Loose the edges of the pan with a table knife.
+ Carefully, invert it onto the serving plate.
Enjoy!! 🙂 Stay Healthy!