No matter what level of baker you are, this quick and easy cake recipe can be done in a matter of few minutes. No butter, no eggs, no milk, no whipping! It has a dense texture.
The first time I prepared this cocoa flavored cake it was on my husband’s birthday. It was my first cake with cocoa, the ingredient which acts as a mood elevator and natural antidepressant.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Bake : 35 minutes
Baking pan 20 cm (8 inch)
All-purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 3 Tbsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Granulated sugar – 1 cup
Table salt – 1/4 tsp
White vinegar – 1 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Vegetable oil – 5 Tbsp
Water – 1 Cup
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius ( 340 degrees Fahrenheit). Grease the baking pan with butter and then line with parchment paper. Sprinkle some flour evenly.
2. In a bowl add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix with a spoon.
3. Now, pour white vinegar, vanilla extract, vegetable oil and water. Mix well until the there are no lumps in the mixture.
4. Pour the above mixture into the prepared baking tray. Tap the tray for an bubbles trapped inside. Bake at 170 degree Celsius for 35 minutes.
5. Once its baked, remove it out of the oven to cool on a rack until its completely cooled before serving (Check if its baked by inserting a skewer at the center).
+ Since I prefer less sweetness, plain was just perfect for me. Just like a brownie.
+ if you wish, topping it with a chocolate frosting gives it a rich flavor.
+ For a mid- afternoon snack
* Using a smaller baking tray would turn it into a nice thicker cake.