If you noticed, the last time I blogged a recipe was a week ago. Since then I have been thinking of ways to prepare something sweet that can be made with fruits. My husband is so charming that when he is home he doesn’t want me being in the kitchen the whole time preparing snacks or dishes for him that consume a lot of time. He would rather love watching television shows like Ozark or The Good Wife the whole day if possible. Yup! 😃
Yesterday evening before I could get dinner on the table, I gathered all the ingredients for the Pear cake 🍐. It was quite simple and was less complicated with just few basic ingredients a cake always needs. This is the first time I baked a cake for this long with a waiting time of 60 minutes but, was super easy to prepare. It was delicious, less sweet (I usually prefer that way) and just what I expected.
If you are reading this, then I would like to hear from you. My Facebook page is also available for any comments. Happy October!! ☺
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 to 65 minutes
Appliance : Convection oven
Spring-form baking pan – 21 cm
Pears – 3 small size, peeled deseeded & halved
Butter – 150 g, soft at room temperature
Caster Sugar – 100 g / 1/4 cup
Eggs – 3, large
Lemon zest – 1
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
All-purpose flour / Top flour – 150 g
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Pinch of salt
1. Grease the spring pan with butter and line the base with parchment paper. Grease again with some butter and set aside. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Using a hand held mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy with the speed set at 1. The butter must be soft to get a smooth texture.
3. Mix the eggs one at a time starting from a lower speed and increase the speed after adding all the eggs for 2-4 minutes.
Add lemon zest and vanilla. Mix together.
Meantime: Preheat Oven at 170 degrees Celsius.
4. Using a separate bowl add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix with a spoon.
5. Add the flour mixture (step 4) to the egg mixture (step 3) part by part. Mix with the lowest speed until well combined. Make sure not to over beat.
6. Transfer half of the batter to the greased spring-form pan. Spread it evenly.
Arrange the pears on top of the batter. Pour the rest of the batter and spread it gently with a spatula.
7. Place the baking pan on a low rack in the oven. Set the baking time for 170 degrees Celsius and time it for 60 minutes.
After the baking is done the oven beeps. Let the cake sit in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit to cool.
For more Dessert or Cake Recipes click below 👇👇
BAKE using Convection oven:
Pineapple, Honey and Pistachio Flapjacks
Moist Cassava Cake (or Tapioca Cake)