No-bake recipe of dory fish fillet seasoned and coated with egg, flour and breadcrumbs. One can serve these as party snacks with tartar, mayonnaise or mustard dips. For accompaniment as mains serve them with some greens. An even easier and quick way is making a fish fillet sandwich or serving them on a slice of baguette topped with sauce during a weekend get-together party.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Dory Fillet – 1 large, salted and sliced as shown below
Eggs – 2, lightly whipped and salted
All-purpose flour – 1/2 cup or more as required to coat
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
1. Sprinkle some salt over the fillets and cut the fish fillet into long diagonal strips of 2 cm / 1.5-inch wide using a long sharp knife.
2. In one shallow bowl whisk 2 eggs with a fork, add 1/4 tsp salt. In a zip-lock bag with flour, season lightly with salt. Place breadcrumbs in another bowl.
3. Dip fish strips into the egg, coat well turning sides. Place few of them in the bag containing flour and shake to coat.
Dip them again in egg.
Lastly, coat them with breadcrumbs. Place them on a plate.
4. Heat 1-inch oil in a deep-bottomed container on medium (induction #6). When its hot enough a small piece of breadcrumb sizzles. Add the fish strips in batches not to overcrowd.
Fry for a minute and turn side until it turns slightly dark brown. Drain using a slotted spoon on a kitchen paper towel.
5. Serve hot with lemon wedges or sauces of choice.
I made this while I was home alone so I got the idea of quickly making a sandwich from these fish fillets. Since I had wholegrain bread stored in my fridge, I just toasted it in the pan lightly for 2 mins each slice and spread it with mustard sauce topped with cherry tomatoes stuffed with fish fillet. This was filling and was quick and easy. You can also add some pickles and veggies to make it a perfect low-cal meal. If your having a party at home serve it in small portions to make an elegant appetizer.
More Seafood recipes hover and click below:
Thank you for visiting Delicious Sweet Aroma! – Sherryl ☺